Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Taking time

If you follow my blog, you'll know that I've been feeling pretty frantic recently. There have been a lot of markets to make for, markets to organise and a very special birthday party and I have been spending every spare moment restocking for the rest of the Christmas markets that I'm signed up for.


I can get very caught up in the process and panic of making enough stock for each market and sometimes I forget about the important things like enjoying the build up to Christmas when there are two wonderful little girls in the house.



As I lay awake at 4am the other morning trying to work out what I had left to make and when I was going to fit it in, it suddenly dawned on me that I was getting stressed out for no reason. Even if I spend every spare moment I have making everything I think I need to make, I am never going to feel that I have enough.

My main reason for selling at and organising these markets is because I love to create and have others share what I have created, so what am I stressing about? I have two little girls who are getting REALLY excited about Christmas so I have made it my mission to make time more time for them instead of making more stock that I have plenty of already.

We started with Christmas cookies and the school Christmas concert today and there's a trip to see a Christmas tree display tomorrow. Much more fun than all the stress I've been putting myself through!!

2 comments:

Ruby in the Dust said...

you're so right, Sarah. I had the same thought the other day, how I spend more time thinking about other people's Christmas than my own kids'. It's good to step back a bit this time of the year, if possible :)

Jennie said...

You've hit the nail on the head for me Sarah!
The creating takes over, a bit too much sometimes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails