Saturday, February 27, 2010

Patches

Remember these patches?


Our beach bag gave up the ghost last weekend so I decided to turn those patches into a new one. The patches aready had interfacing on them because I used the Posy Gets Cosy patches tute so it was a really quick make. I'll do a tote tute if I get around to making another one as a gift.

Postscript:
Here are some great tote tutorials from the web:
Non-lined tote with pocket and french seams... great tutorial! http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=514
And a slightly more complicated lined tote bag http://mamaspocketbook.com/freepinkoctpattern.htm




3 comments:

Jennie said...

Gorgeous, and I love the lining!!

Maria said...

Hi, the final product looks divine. May I ask how long it took you to make? See, I have a wish list...and on it, is the ability to sew or at least have some craft in my bones outside of baking ;)

Cotton Kiwi said...

Hi Maria. Thanks. I did it in stages. I made the patches just to use up some scraps. I'm not very good at keeping my patches in a straight line so Alicia Paulsons tute works wonders for me. The cutting out took longer than the stiching but the panels probably took me a total of 2 hours to put together. The bag itself took me about 30 mins but that's because I've made dozens before and there was no real cutting out involved aside from the lining. Hope that answers your question!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails