Friday, March 5, 2010

Yes honestly, this is as tidy as it gets...

I'm just about to go and make a big mess in my sewing room so here are some 'before' photos. Don't expect any after ones. I can't work tidily. It destroys my creative process (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

The machines and the music.

Close up of my ironing board. (You needed to see how cute this fabric is.)


My inspiration/pattern/random board. (Note to self, buy bigger board).

Packed to the rafters. I need to find more time to use this stuff and do less shopping. It's almost time to bring the winter weight fabrics down off the top shelf and start using those. Maybe I should go to the beach today instead.

An old kitchen unit we salvaged when neighbours were getting a new kitchen. It's the perfect size and height for my "couldn't live without it" self healing mat, ruler and rotary cutter. The picture above it is by Sandra Waine. It's called "Letting Love slip away" and is a reminder to me to spend less time in here and more with my family. (Very deep I know).

and finally, my gorgeous, bodacious, fabulous handpainted doll by Jennie of A Little Vintage. You can see both Jennie and Sandra at this weekend's Devonport Craft Market if you happen to be in the area.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's huge your sewing room, and much tidier than mine. I have taken some before and after photos of my tiny sewing room, I am trying to get the courage to put them on my blog. My friend and I will be coming to the market on Sunday, so I'll pop by you and say hi.

Cotton Kiwi said...

Excellent! I'll look forward to meeting you. Glad I can be tidier than somebody :o)
I was lucky enough to be able to commandeer the guest bedroom in the basement when our basement flooded and the guest bed got damaged (we bought a sofa bed instead and stuck it somewhere else). The basement still floods every winter but luckily that room seems to be spared from it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails