Saturday, September 18, 2010

Versatile Blogger

I had a lovely surprise yesterday. I received a Versatile blogger award from a lovely lady in Lebanon (I LOVE that the internet brings crafty people all over the world together.) Thank you so much Sucrette! And thank you for reading my blog.

Now, there are a few rules that come with this award.


1.Thank the person who gave you the award. So thank you very much Sucrette. Her blog is well worth a visit. She has some wonderful free crochet patterns. I only wish I could crochet so I could try some out! Pop along and visit Le Monde de Sucrette.

2. Tell 7 things about yourself.

Pass this award along to 15 bloggers who you think are fantastic for whatever reason.

4. Contact the bloggers you pass the award to.

I've done the thank you, so here are 7 things about me:

1. I'm not really a Kiwi at all, although I feel like one. I was born in England and have lived in 8 different countries.
2. I studied Social Anthropology and Sociology at University and spent about a year working for a flying Doctors organisation in Kenya
3. I can't crochet to save my life. I've tried but there is obviously a connection missing in my brain that prevents me from learning.
4. I'm terrified of geese and earwigs.
5. I'm ever so slightly obsessed with finding treasure in op shops.
6. I would love to visit South America one day.
7. I have been nipped on the bum by a lion cub and had my toes stood on by a baby elephant (not at the same time).

So now for the 15 bloggers who inspire me.

A Little Vintage

Curlypops

Dandelion

Dolls and Daydreams

Fox's Lane


Heart Felt

Little Ted Canvas

Maika Creations

Make Mine Mid-Century

M.E.

Mon Petit Poppet

Seaside Siblings

Simple Pleasures

Teddy Bears Wednesday

The golden Adventures of a very dark horse

Wow that was tough narrowing it down to 15. Off to contact them now. Have a great weekend. We're having a bit of a disaster here in the Cotton Kiwi household involving something small and furry but I shall tell you about that another day!

11 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

Thank you, You.

I feel quite honoured and touched!

I also like small furry disasters. Can't wait to hear ... though for your sake I hope it's not a little goose or a hairy earwig.

Seaside Siblings said...

Oh thank you so much Sarah, I always love reading your blog and seeing all your beautiful creative projects so feel very honored that you like my blog.

Stella said...

Oh Sarah thank you so much! Even after all the weird facebook comments!!! (I still feel really embarrassed about that!). Like the other ladies, I too feel very honoured! Now to choose 15 myself... Hmmmm...

Jennie said...

Thank you so much Sarah! You are so supportive of others and always posting interesting/fun things for us to see. My problem is my list would be almost exactly the same as yours by the looks!!xx

CurlyPops said...

Awwww shucks! Thankyou so much Sarah. I'm chuffed to be one of your faves, and I completely agree with the crochet thing - my brain just doesn't get it. I've tried so many times and failed and given up!

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

Tnaks Sarah ♥ you just made my day ... well night ;) xxxx

Anonymous said...

Just lovely Sarah - and you deserve the award! How nice to know you are reaching so far across the world. Have a great weekend x

Cathie said...

congrats on your award Sarah, you so very much deserve it!
great to get to know you a bit better too.
Thanks sooo very much for the mention, you are a sweetie.

teddybearswednesday said...

thank you Sarah, so very much.
I love your blog the mixture of family, craft and humour that is disctinctively you.
My llist would look a hell of a lot like yours xo

Beck said...

Thank you sweetie! I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner, I'm away from home & have limited internet access & no email. I love your blog & always enjoy hearing from you on mine. Hope you are having a fantastic week, and thanks for thinking of me xo

Heart Felt said...

Thanks so much for the thought...love it. I also love reading your adventures with your little sweet ones. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails