Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A very important date.

I'm getting ready for a very important date. My gorgeous Madeleine is turning 7 and the house is being turned upside down as I go ever so slightly crazy with the Alice in Wonderland theme she is having for her party.
(customised printable tags from here. Fabric to be used as a tablecloth from Spotlight.)

She is having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party and as you will see, I've been having a lot of fun with it.

(Teapot and cosy, Op shop finds.
Drink me labels from here.)

(This rabbit is going to be the table centrepiece once Richard has painted it white. It was about NZ$12 from Spotlight.)
Richard is dressing up as the Mad Hatter for the day and I will be the Red Queen (threatening to chop off heads if there is any misbehaviour! Looking forward to that one!)

Eloise wants to be Dinah, Alice's cat, so that's nice and easy as we already have a black cat costume.
The party girl herself is of course going to be Alice and I finished her costume last night.
She's going to look so adorable. The figurines that you've seen in the pictures were a lucky find on Trade Me. They are going on the cake to make life very easy for me.

I think that's why Alice looks so worried. She has seen the size of the cake knife. Actually, when all 18 kids arrive, I will probably have a very similar expression on my face.
Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Jill said...

What a fantastic idea, I'm sure it will be perfect, don't forget to show us some pictures of it all.

Happy Birthday to Madeleine.

Hugs RosieP x

mel @ loved handmade said...

How very exciting! You've put so much effort into everything, it'll be wonderful!

Unknown said...

Oh it's going to be a fabulous party! Are the invitations strictly limited to Madeleine's friends only :)

Strickbombe said...

I want to have my next birthday party at YOUR house!

Good luck

nz green buttons said...

can't wait to see the photos! Looks like a very special party, wish I had an invite, "sigh"

Notchka said...

Oh have the best fun, I can already hear your enthusiasm for the roleplay - go with it and have a great day! Oh and the accessoried and outfits are charming, particularly like the Alice costume.

Notchka said...

that was meant to read 'accessories' - whoops

Kate said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeee it looks like so much fun!
I just love a little girls party.
I hope you get to enjoy it too now that most the work is done.

aimee @ lily pad designs nz said...

it looks amazing! I totally admire your skill with birthday parties, eloise's looked gorg too. Maddie's costume is divine. well done!

Megan said...

love it all! what a gorgeous costume. great find on the cake topper too!

Naturally Carol said...

Loving the Alice costume, it is just like I imagined her to dress! I think the rabbit will be brilliant too, and the teapot with it's sign and georgeous cover..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails