Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kids Clothing Week Challenge

Oh hello. Yes, I'm still here. Yes I know I have been really really rubbish at blogging lately but I'm going to make it up to you this coming week. It's Elsie Marley's Kids Clothes Week Challenge (KCWC) this coming week and I can't wait.


To join in, you need to commit to sewing for kids one hour a day for a week. This is great for me because I've been avoiding the sewing room lately and I need a great big boot up the backside to get myself in there again.

My girls have enough clothes to last them for several winters so I probably won't be making any for them. Instead, I'll be making things for my market stalls and Felt shop. I have so much beautiful fabric that needs using and my addiction to sewing patterns and craft books means that I won't be short of inspiration.

E's fairy wand dress made during last year's challenge
I nearly lost large amounts of my patterns and books (not to mention my machines) on Friday night. Luckily, Mr Cotton Kiwi was wide awake and checking our basement for signs of flooding at 3am and managed to save them all when a huge wave of water came through my sewing room. It's not the first time our basement has flooded but my sewing room rarely gets wet. This time, a few leaves had got stuck in a drain which meant the drains backed up and the water came through the door. Ugh! 

M's reversible dress from last year's challenge

My poor husband was out there in the pouring rain creating a water diversion system that Macguiver would have been proud of. It turns out the roots from a tree next door have grown through the stormwater drain and almost completely blocked it so fingers crossed our new neighbours will be happy to remove the tree.



I've been in my sewing room today giving it a good tidy so I'm all set for next week. Can't wait!

5 comments:

Notchka said...

Major bummer about the flooding - I feel your pain about losing some stash - it feels really good to be using mine up (better than I thought!). Gosh is it KCWC time already? I've got some great cord for a jacket for Lala, but last time I signed up for it with grand plans I got very little done. :( We wore your deer applique top again today - sure is a favourite round here. x

Makeminemidcentury said...

Oh no! That's terrible about your sewing room. Thank goodness for alert husbands!

I hope you had a great Mother's Day, S.

Glad to see you back in blogland ... even if it's just a fleeting return. xo

Stella said...

Oh nooooo!!! Hope it doesn't happen again... Good luck for the challenge, if I didn't have such a big week, I'd be tempted to join in myself!

Caroline said...

With a husband with Macguiver skills you'll be right in no time.

I've been sewing up a kids clothing storm this last week, so I'm going to go and join in the challenge. Thanks for the info!

Glennie said...

Must have been that deluge we had about 2am ... Thanks goodness for Mr Cotton Kiwi!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails